Kanban Remastered, Agile Lessons from Strategy Games: 8 Essays on Comparing Kanban with StarCraft
With Kanban Remastered, being an Agile coach, I realized that especially in industries with teams with a gaming background, coaching lessons could benefit if I could show the relationship between games and Agile methodology. Likewise, you can start explaining management methodology in a language that your tech-savvy audience understands.Read more...
Scrum Your JIRA! Your Waterfall Organization Transformed into Multidisciplinary Teams, 10 Essays on Using Online Tools to Improve an Offline Technique
This book challenges two illusions that can get in the way of your company’s road to being genuinely Agile: first, that your Scrum is “special,” and second, that you can hide behind project management software. JIRA is powerful—and this book will show you how to use it more effectively—but it makes it easy to forget that the first idea of Agile is: Individuals and interactions over processes and tools.Read more...
Does Your Brain Need You? - An Introduction to Neuroscience and Consciousness
Recently, researchers have found a theory that explains every aspect of conscious experience. To understand the relationship between you and your brain, we need to take a look at neuroscience and consciousness. This book explores the theory and introduces you to the science of the brain and our subjective experience.Read more...
Better Books with LaTeX, the Agile Way: Self-Publish your book on Amazon, Google, and Leanpub
Streamline your writing process with LaTeX and connect with readers from Day One. Self-publish your book on Amazon, Google, and Leanpub. Here you can find all tools you need to publish your book professionally online or in print with LaTeX. Learn to complete your book project in small steps—the agile way. Better Books with LaTeX the Agile Way covers the entire publishing process, from your initial concept to marketing your book on Amazon, Google, or Leanpub.Read more...
Philosophie für Helden: Erkenntnis (Wissen und Sprache)
Ein Held zu sein ist mehr als eine Heldentat zu vollbringen. Man verwandelt sich nicht auf wundersame Weise in einen "Helden" als ein Ergebnis der Umstände. Die Rettung in letzter Sekunde, das Aufbegehren in Zeiten einer Krise oder sogar das Führen anderer aus einer brenzlichen Situation, ein Held zu sein ist mehr als diese mutigen Taten. Es bedarf einer tiefen Einsicht -- die Art philosophischer Reise die die weisesten Köpfe der Menschheitsgeschichte gemacht haben.Read more...
Philosophy for Heroes: Act (Neuroscience and Consciousness)
Being a hero means standing up to false heroes. To gain this ability, we need to have a good grasp of the nature of the universe and to be able to understand our minds. This book is an introduction to the most current research in neurobiology and consciousness. It is easy to read, uses numerous examples, and introduces concepts from the ground up. After reading the book, you will be able to explain what it means to be conscious. Becoming a hero requires gaining an understanding of what the greatest minds of history have pondered. Philosophy for Heroes summarizes their wisdom and connects it with the modern world.Read more...
Philosophy for Heroes: Continuum (Physics and Evolution)
In this, the second book in a four-part series, Clemens explores questions like: What is the quantum theory and how can we interpret it? How did the universe come out of "nothingness" and how did life develop from non-living matter? What is the origin of our own creativity? Read more...
Philosophy for Heroes: Knowledge (Philosophy and Language)
True heroes don’t follow, they lead. In order to be a leader, you have to be free of unwanted external influences or ideas. While we are not completely free in our decisions, the more we know about the world and ourselves, the freer we can become.Read more...
- 2018. Speaker „Agile Transformation“ IQPC „Wie man Menschen zusammenbringt – die drei Dimensionen agiler Zusammenarbeit“ (source).
- 2017. Guest author frontrowagile (source).
- 2012. VitaDock Online. Cloud solution to securely synchronize and backup data from medical devices and mobile devices for >500.000 users (source).
- 2011. Release of C++ ClawGUI Bibliothek. Graphics library used for Evolution Forge (source).
- 2010. Publication of paper Adaption of XCS to Multi-Learner Predator/Prey Scenarios (Urban Richter, Hartmut Schmeck, Proceedings of the 12th annual conf. on genetic and evolutionary computation).
- 2007. Publication of paper Addressing Sampling Errors and Diversity Loss in UMDA (Jürgen Branke, Jonathan L. Shapiro, Proceedings of the 9th annual conf. on genetic and evolutionary computation).
- 2007 – 2009. Publication of simulation tool for paper Changing the Neighborhood of Cellular Automata (Hidenosuke Nishio, Proceedings of the 5th international conf. on machines, computations, and universality) and paper Automorphism Classification of Cellular Automata (Hidenosuke Nishio, Fundam. Inf. 104, 1-2).
- 2004. Release of simulation tool with evolutionary algorithms Evolution Forge, >10,000 Downloads: “A beautiful program that uses math and coding to express just one more facet of our addiction to this game. It is the creation of a brilliant individual.” (video, source).
- Mention in Benefits of Genetic Algorithms in Simulations for Game Designers (Jason Jones, 2003)