“I want to write a book, but how do I begin?”
When you are ready to write your book, the first question is probably, “Where do I start?” Perhaps people have been telling you for years that you should write a book. Maybe you have an idea in mind and you are ready to turn it into a manuscript.
If you have a box full of notes or a head full of ideas, you’ve come to the right place. I have been there and made my dream reality—publishing my own book. My team can help you from beginning to finish, from concept to creation to publication. Having worked successfully through a number of books, we are ready to share our knowledge with you and help you along the way.
- LaTeX, images, layout, space optimization, printing, cover design, book formats, publishing, project organization: 80 EUR/h + VAT
- Discuss style, scope, tone, theme, and story; developmental editing, line-editing, proofreading, checking references and indexing, post-print proofreading, elevator pitch, back cover copy: 50 EUR/h + VAT
Example: Start from Scratch
Usually, the process goes through the following stages:
- Clemens – I will discuss with you the feasibility of your book project, and what you can expect. It is good to have a clear idea of what you are getting into before starting! Depending on your budget, we can discuss a variety of plans. For me, book creation is always an add-on to a larger project. Be it to put your knowledge as a professional into a condensed form, or be it to work through your own experiences or questions about life. Commercial success from books can be had if you connect your book writing with your professional life.
- Clemens + editor– We will help you brainstorm your initial idea or focus your existing material into a TED talk type of text. The title and summarized TED talk will set the tone of the whole book.
- Graphic designer – Next you will need a cover. Our graphic designer will help you to create the perfect cover that will shine in print as well as a small icon in the Amazon store. The cover also sets the tone of the book, something always to refer back to while editing the text.
- Author coach – The author coach will help you to connect ideas and turn your paragraphs into a whole story, be it fiction or non-fiction. Usually, this is the main body of the work. Ideally, you discuss work progress in a weekly meeting as opposed to just getting the final edited result.
- Clemens – Finally, I wrap everything together, manage the project, and get all the technical stuff ready for release. I also have an eye for details and can provide help for final polishing.
- Website – While finalizing the book, marketing should start. Every book needs a landing page to get your profile ready, our administrator will set up a WordPress website for you.
Let’s have a conversation on how to bring your idea into print or into an ebook!
PS: Of course, you can also help us writing new content! If there is expertise you are interested in either writing articles or in contributing to our book series on agile project management, science, or philosophy, let us know! Publishing your article is also a great way to see if there is any interest in the market and gather early feedback 🙂
Example: Clean up and Publish Manuscript
Already have a finished manuscript? Then we can help you to add the finishing touches and publish it online for reviewers to read as an ebook or in print.
- Print initial version, initial reading of the entire draft, focusing on structure, scope, tone, theme, and story and developmental editing.
- Write initial elevator pitch/back cover copy.
- Discuss the style, scope, tone, theme, and story.
- Line editing phase
- Line editing (~8 pages/hour, entered in Overleaf).
- Discussion phase
- Discuss comments, questions, rewrites.
- An initial reading of the entire draft, creating a backlog of open (technical/design) issues regarding the graphics, image quality, LaTeX, structure in Overleaf, plus any other issues found in the updated script from Phase 1.
- Discuss the title, subtitle, cover image, formatting, resolution.
- Editing phase
- Create a new print version (with default Amazon cover, ASIN).
- Decide on the publishing route (hard copy, local printer, self-publishing, …).
- [optional] Fix technical/design issues if needed.
- [optional] Set up Amazon Account if needed.
- Finishing up phase
- Update elevator pitch/back cover copy.
- Create cover.
- Space optimization, clean up, page layout throughout the book.
- Paperwork (publisher entry, ISBN, Amazon entry).
- [optional] Checking references and indexing.
- [optional] Image formatting, resolution, alternative image choices.
- Final test print and post-print proofreading.
Of course, every book project is different! Let us discuss yours and see what package we can offer. If you are just looking for general advice, you can also discuss them in Zoom with me. Let’s have a conversation about how to bring your idea into print or into an ebook! Message us at [email protected] or head over to our contact page!